BENEFITS OF CSRDE MEMBERSHIP
Maximize your resources
- By acting as the central reporting site, the Consortium office handles all the data collection, data auditing, internal consistency checking, analysis, formatting and reporting to member institutions, saving you time and money.
Access benchmarks that make sense
- Because we collect not only retention and graduation data, but also institutional and student characteristics shown to be related to student success, you can select peer institutions with similar missions and similar challenges. You don’t just get data. You get actionable information in context.
Respond with confidence to internal and external requests for accountability measures
- By tracking multiple cohorts of freshmen over time, we overcome the limitations of using IPEDS data for ongoing assessment and evaluation. This year IPEDS collects the graduation rates for the cohort of 2000. Since the time that cohort was first admitted, six other freshman cohorts have entered the pipeline. As a CSRDE member you will be able to assess how all of your first-time students are progressing as compared to national trends and to your peers.
- With many external entities expressing interest in accountability in higher education, your participation in the Consortium demonstrates your institution’s proactive efforts to self-monitor and review progress.
Rapid access to the most current retention and graduation data and research
- You’ll receive the results of your participation in one of our retention surveys within three months. Participants can also get peer reports at any time after the report is issued. We are also in the process of implementing an ad-hoc reporting system that will make accessing custom reports even easier.
- Our National Symposium on Student Retention explores the latest evidenced based research on issues impacting student success. Faculty and staff from CSRDE member institutions receive a discount on their registration fee. We will be meeting in Milwaukee September 24-26, 2007, and the 2008 symposium will be held in Little Rock. Join us, you’ll leave informed and recharged!
Interact with other professionals in higher education that share your interests
- We maintain regular communication with our members. This includes quarterly newsletters with information on the latest issues in retention, as well as monthly e-news. We also have opportunities for members to discuss retention issues in multiple forums.
- You will have access to the CSRDE Effective Practices Knowledgebase and the colleagues who are implementing them. Since 1994 the CSRDE has conducted peer reviews of innovative programs and strategies that have been useful at their campuses. Each year we highlight the best of these practices with our CSRDE Best Practices Award.
Explore opportunities to develop your professional and leadership skills
- The Consortium hosts a monthly Webinar series. A cost effective way to stay on top of current research, each webinar registration makes it possible for one person or a whole auditorium of people to become more informed on topics of interest.
- The University of Oklahoma is now offering the “Leadership in Student Retention and Success Certificate” which has been developed by the CSRDE to provide campus leaders and members of retention committees with the tools and skills needed to lead strategic retention initiatives.